My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Smoothie pops

Here is a healthy alternative to sugar/water pops. The Girl LOVES these!

Smoothie Pops
2 cups fruit (frozen or fresh, depending on what you have and what your blender can handle, I have to slightly thaw my froze fruit.
1 C milk (Almond milk is really yummy here, but we always need more fat and protein, so I use whole milk. Any kind will do, really.)
1 small container yogurt

Blend together.

Pour smoothie into ice cube trays, and secure plastic wrap on top. Cut slits with a sharp knife and have the kids insert the popsicle sticks.

Eat whatever leftover smoothie you have, and freeze the pops for about 4-6 hours, until froze. Yum!

*You can always add spinach. But, I realized you shouldn't mix dairy, or calcium with spinach because you probably won't absorb the iron. So use juice instead, and forgo the yogurt. There are lots of ways to mix these up!

No comments: