My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"...A Heaven on earth: a History"

To me, the origins and evolution of this blog are fascinating. It began one night while I was chatting with a friend over the perplexities of being a successful wife/mother/woman/homemaker. How in the world are we supposed to get everything done and still spend time with our families? But I didn't want this blog to focus solely on the "mommy life," as many women still face the challenge of creating a Heavenly Home, yet don't have children. I really wanted to focus on the divinity of womanhood, and the importance of helping and supporting each other in our roles. At the time of this blog's creation, DH & I were still in school and didn't have children. So this blog has evolved since then. I wanted it to be a place where people could find support, ideas, or where they could share ideas and give support.

I wanted to focus this blog on several different aspects of happy home making:

*"If mamma ain't happy..." As the wife and mother, I believe that I am the center of my home. It's important to me to take time to do the things I enjoy, such as digital design, crochet, baking, jogging, pilates, reading. I can't draw water from an empty well!

*Marriage: I know that marriage is ordained of God and that the family is central to His plan for the eternal destiny of His children. Because of this, marriage and the family are attacked on every side. Strengthening marriage and family is one of the central goals of this blog!

*Parenting/motherhood. My main goal as a child was to be a mom. I love my dear little ones, although sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy. I enjoy sharing anecdotes and tips that will either make you feel better on a bad day of parenting, or give you ideas for things you might want to try. I know I have learned SO much from others, and I am constantly learning how to be a better mother!

*Frugality has become sort of an obsession of mine. It's somewhat thrilling to see how long I can go without buying anything. I know, it sounds absurd, but you should try it, it's fun. It's also fun to re-purpose things. I have seen many great ideas from other bloggers, and would love to share what I've done as well.

*Meal planning and finding simple, tasty, inexpensive, and healthy recipes has also got me hooked. I know, you're probably thinking "yawn! SO boring!" Feel free to use my meal plans!! :) I also love sharing yummy recipes.

1 comment:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I love going back and reading my old blog posts, it's amazing to see how it's evolved.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!