My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day gifts

I just made these.



It was very easy. Here are the steps. I apologize for not taking pics of each step, but like I said, it was EASY!

1. Go to Home Depot and get a 2X6 piece of wood. Have them cut it into 6 inch pieces.
2. Get scrapbook paper, paint, sandpaper, ribbon.
3. Sand and paint your wood.
4. Print out what you want to have on the wood.
5. Glue paper on to wood using Mod Podge.
6. Add embellishments. These flowers are SUPER easy! Cut out circular shapes from coordinating scrabook paper (4 circles of different sizes.) Use an ink pad or marker to darken the edges of the circle. Crinkle, layer, and stick together with a fastener.
7. Add ribbon.

As you can see, there are lots of ways to add variety to this project. And they cost less than $2 each, and take about an hour. Well, it took me about 6 hours to make 8!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

so cute! I'd love to get together and do some of these some time. I just bought mod podge for the first time and am slightly scared of it he he :) but have some projects I'm wanting to do with it. I love these!!

The Prudent Homemaker said...

What a beautiful quote about motherhood!