My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Times and seasons

Ok, I actually really love technology. But, I do have some regrets. Such as the amount of time I spent blogging when The Girl was a baby. I don't regret recording so much of her life, but I definitely could have been more productive during nap time, or at least taken more naps myself.

Now, as a sleep deprived soon-to-be mother-of-three, and without a computer most of the time, I find that I am completely enjoying being offline.

Let me give you an example. When I had computer/internet access all day, I would create to-do lists on Google Calendar. I loved it! BUT, every time I got on the computer to check something off or see what else I needed to do, I would spend 10, 20, 30 minutes because I would get distracted by Amazon, Facebook, or blogs. Now I don't spend hours a day on the computer when I should be with my kids, napping, or cleaning. I might spend a few minutes in the evenings catching up, but that is pretty much it!

I have to say, going offline has been great. I don't miss it! I can still check recipes and my email on the Ipod touch, but it is too much of a pain to do much else on that thing.

One thing that I've thought about is that there are a number of things I would like to write about. I have a posts in the works about infertility/adoption/infant loss, and I want to write more about parenting, homeschooling, media, what I learn from my scriptures, and things like that, but there isn't time. So I have come to determine that this is not the season of my life for being a prolific blogger. And that is ok.

Might I add, I am much more effective without my to-do lists. :)

No comments: