My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Black bean brownies-gluten free

These low-fat, lower sugar, gluten free brownies are a delicious way to get your chocolate fix! I played around with a recipe I found at Chocolate Covered Katie and I love the result!

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well)
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup quick oats (be sure the oats are certified gluten free if gluten is a problem for you)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup sugar or sugar substitute (honey, maple syrup, etc...)
  • 1/3 cup applesauce
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  •  2/3 cup chocolate chips. Do not leave these out!

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add all ingredients to a food processor or high-quality blender and blend until very smooth. I did 3 "batters" cycles on my BlendTec. Add batter to greased 8" or 9" pan and bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake. Enjoy!
Adapted from a recipe at Chocolate Covered Katie.

No comments: