My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Homemade Taco Seasoning


I love tacos! Taco salad, taco soup, anything with taco seasoning is just delicious. But I hate store-bought taco seasoning. I haven't found many that don't have MSG, and the seasoning packets can be expensive. Not to mention high in sodium. So I found a recipe from allrecipes and tweaked it a little. It was delicious in my taco salad topping! Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients
4 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoon paprika
6 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon black pepper

Directions

In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.

*Image courtesy grubtank.com

1 comment:

Jenny said...

awesome, thanks Crystal! do you have a winco nearby? because that would totally help you have even cheaper spices for mixes like this and otherwise. I think we filled our chives and basil containers (with extra to spare) for under 50 cents, so cool.