My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Women of Destiny

I have been wanting to blog about this collection of music for a while, but blogging has taken a back seat lately. DH is either out of town or working crazy hours until April, so I'm playing single mom for a while. And to be honest, I'm too tired to blog even when I do have time!

I received this CD in High School.


The words to many of these songs run through my head frequently, but one song in particularly is especially poignant right now. I thought I'd share the lyrics. Enjoy!

She
She is not a picture on a magazine,
She's the woman just behind you in the checkout line.
She may appear to be common but she mystifies
In all the ways that wisest men and children understand.
For she has eyes that sparkle with her love
And she has a smile that is gentle as a dove.
And no woman from the movies or an ad
Could ever hope to be
As beautiful as she.

She is not a highly honored diplomat
Held responsible to lead the world to peace.
But what she does is every bit as seriousAmidst the turmoil everywhere that will never cease.
For she has hands that wipe the tears away
And she has a voice that makes everything ok
And no woman from the papers or TV could ever hope to be
As indespensible as she.

And it breaks my heart every time I see her wonder
If she means anything in this world that pulls her under.
And she doesn't always see the way that Heaven smiles above her.
That's the reason I try to always tell her that I love her.

For she may not be known for giving millions
To the charities and auctions on the news.
But I believe she's given more than anyone
All the times she's ever had to choose
To give up sleep, to rock her children every night;
To give her heart to always hold their dreams so tight.
And the best that you or I could ever hope to be
Is as wonderful as she.

2 comments:

Margot said...

I needed to read that. Thank you.

Margot said...

I needed this. Thank you.

P.S. I've had this post open in a window for weeks trying to make time to comment. I'm slightly more up-to-date on your blog than this, just so you know.