My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Monday, January 25, 2010

W.I.P.

That's: work in Progress...

I always get SO gung-ho about new projects, and then fizzle out. Especially when it doesn't work how I envisioned it. I did all of this in 1 night:


(Front and back of the first page of my quiet book!)

But something's messed up with the tension on my sewing machine, so the muslin keeps making the bobbin thread all screwed up. Anyone know how to fix that?

Anyway, I'm still REALLY excited.

Another, less time-consuming quiet book project is this:




I just went HERE, printed out the pages I wanted on cardstock, and colored, laminated with contact paper, and arranged them so they could be a little activity during church. Pretty easy. I printed 2 of the "I will take care of my body" pages so I could cut out the extra circles for a little matching game. I used hot glue for the velcro, but I need to get some super glue because our friend Little Anthony was able to pull the velcro off! I also made little cards out of the "I can share" page, you normally make a little cube with that handout. You can get really creative with this, even let kids help color and such, and then keep everything in a special bag just for church. That way, they aren't bored of the activities when Sunday comes around. We tried out these pages yesterday, and it entertained my 2 year old for a few minutes, which is more than she'll usually sit still for!! ha ha!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Awww... those projects are so sweet. It's so hard to start and finish projects when your kids are little and you're schedule is so crazy.

Thanks for stopping by my blog this week, Mommy D! It was nice to see you back! ;0)

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I love your first page! I can't wait to see what else you add to it! Thanks for linking up!

Sumo