This was a good one, it got me thinking, which is a good thing. My friend Heatherlady, who is an inspiration to me, tagged me to blog about 5 THINGS that are treasures or that I couldn't live without. These things can't be kids, food, but objects that you love.
So here are my five treasures, in no particular order.
1. Temple recommend. For those of you who are unfamiliar with LDS temples, they are a place where we are not only married for eternity, but where we learn more about the purpose of life and also make sacred covenants to follow God. It is a beautiful, holy, reverent place. A temple recommend allows the holder to enter the temple. One must be a baptized member of the LDS church, AND live the standards of the church.
2. My wedding dress. Nope, this is not the dress I paid $800 to take pictures in and wear to my reception, this is the dress I knelt at the alter in. The dress I wore when I was sealed to my husband so that our marriage could endure beyond this life. I wear it every time I go to the temple now. :)
3. My computer. Oh, what a great machine! This is the object I use to find recipes, crochet patterns, and ideas about parenting. The place where I scrapbook memories and post my thoughts for anyone to read. I listen to music, watch LOST, read General Conference talks, and write in my journal.
4. My crock pot. You would not believe the number of delicious concoctions I have come up with! And to be honest, there have been a few that my 2 year old would call "di-custing!" But I love to experiment. This website has fueled my obsession!
5. There is only 1 other object I would try to rescue from my home if it were on fire, and that would have to be my scriptures. I'm not trying to copy Heatherlady, but honestly, everything else is replaceable.
1. Aunt Jewey
4. Julie Carlson (I almost typed Cooper...)
5. And YOU! :)