My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Things to read Thursday #3

Theme: Rhyme Time

We love nursery rhymes over here, and Dr. Suess is, of course, a big hit (although I made the mistake of checking out Hunches in Bunches once. Oh, how I despised that book, and of course DD1 loved it!)

Anyway, here are my top pics for fun picture books for the kiddies:

1. One fish, Two fish, red fish, blue fish, by Dr. Suess.

2. There was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Boot by Linda Smith, illustrated by Jane Manning

3. Tomie DePaola's Baa Baa Black Sheep. Both of my girls love this one, and I enjoy his illustrations. He has a great book about popcorn, but I'll save that for another post.

4. Anything by Jack Prelutsky or X.J.Kennedy. Great kid's poets!

Personally, I am a huge fan of Emily Dickinson, so I reccommend any of her poetry!

And here's a great Sci-Fi for young adults and older:
The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer. I LOVE this book. That's all I will say because you should just read it!

No comments: