My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Friday, July 25, 2008

2 week planning.

Meal plans for the next 2 weeks.
Several nights we have planned to eat leftovers from the previous days. I always make enough to serve 6. Also, since we have a wedding coming up, we'll be eating with family a few of those days. So I only have 9 days planned. I linked some recipes that are very similar to the ones I used. And I'm all about changing things to suit my tastes, or experimenting if I don't have a desired ingredient! And frozen fruits and veggies will save money, because they won't go bad before you can use them!! :)

Day 1: Leftovers from Rosalee's baby shower!
Chinese chicken salad
Pasta Salad (rotini, 1/2 c mayo, 1/2 c. italian dressing, shredded carrots, cucumbers, diced ham, black olives) You can really add anything to it!
Potato rolls

Day 2: Cajun Cabbage
1lb. ground beef
med onion, chopped
1 can tomatoes, 1 can chilies
1/2 c uncooked rice
1/2 tsp garlic (or 2 cloves fresh)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp black pepper
4-6 drops Tabasco sauce
1 small head cabbage, chopped
1 c shredded cheese
In skillet, brown beef with onion, pepper, and garlic. Drain fat. Stir in tomatoes, rice, and seasonings. Spread into ungreased casserole dish. Top with cabbage and cheese. Cover and bake at 350 for 65-75 min until rice is tender. YUMMO!

Day 3: Grilled chicken with avocado, tomato, and corn salsa
1/4 c lime juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 ripe avocado diced
1 large ripe tomato, diced
1 c thawed or canned corn kernals
1/4 c chopped red onion
1/4 c cilantro (I omit this, I don't like cilantro)
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 c shredded lettuce

Mix lime, oil, sugar, and salt in med bowl. Add avocado, tomato, corn, onion, and cilantro. Toss to coat. Heat great or broiler. Season chicken with spices. (can coat with olive oil if you'd rather roast) Grill and cook thoroughly. Divide lettuce among 4 plates and top each with chicken, then salsa.

Day 4: Omelets with sausage, peppers, tomato, onion. Hashbrowns (I use cheese grater and dice onions, then cook over low medium heat for about 15 min in canola oil for the HB's)

Day 5: Chicken Manicotti

Day 6:
Taco Salad

Day 7: Chilli & Baked potatos

Day 8: Lasagna

Day 9: Stir-Fry

No comments: