My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Meal planning edited...

I realized when I went shopping for the meals I planned that I spent about 2 weeks worth of food budget, which isn't bad, but I don't usually shop 2 weeks at a time. We've already made 2 bonus trips to the store to pick up things I forgot, so we're a little over our average weekly budget. Jenny's comment made me realize how I really should be more creative with the foods I already have. I have lots of rice. And oats. And wheat. It's a good thing our ward does montly canning!

Anyway, I'm already planning a new menu, and I haven't stuck to the menu I made because I don't always feel like making or eating what is scheduled. So I guess it's good to be flexible. Taco Salad ended up being LAST night! So if I can avoid going to the store again this week I'll be in good shape!!

No comments: