My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Delicious dinner

Here is what we had for dinner. I highly recommend it, the meatloaf was amazing, and the breadsticks were simple and delicious! Meatloaf is a great quick meal because you just mix it and bake. The breadsticks took maybe 10 minutes of my own time to make...total (I just had to wait 20 minutes for them to rise, during which time I played with Baby Girl!)

Brown Sugar Meatloaf:

1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C ketchup
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
3/4 C milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 C finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs (about 10 crackers)

Preheat oven to 350
Lightly grease a 5 x 9 loaf pan
Press the brown sugar into the bottom of pan and spread with ketchup
In a mixing bowl thoroughly mix all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf
Place loaf on top of ketchup
Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hr or until juices run clear.

Fantastic breadsticks (click for recipe!)

No comments: