My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Ham & Elections

Ham is expensive. Why didn't I know that before? I'm not sure, but I will be changing all the gcal meals that have ham in them. I couldn't afford it...

With all the hype surrounding the Presidential Elections, it's easy to forget that this year is a Utah constitutional officials election year also. Many of you probably noticed that Chris Cannon was finally ousted from his seat by not even making the Utah Primaries. I know my dad is glad about that. When I voted in 2004 (this is sad to admit) I didn't know anything about who I was voting for other than Bush & Huntsman (my mom was upset that I voted for Huntsman, since she is also a public educator and knew of his intention to push private school vouchers, but as I mentioned before I think it's turned out alright, I can imagine Huntsman running for President in the future, though who knows if he'd get nominated...?)

ANYWAY, for those of you in Utah, I found a site that at least tells who the candidates are. Utah County is in the 3rd Congressional District. (So is West Valley!)

I also think that regardless of your state, you can go to uselections.com and find out who is running. I'm sure you can google and find campaign websites from there for most candidates. I'll let you know what I find. At this point I am pretty unbiased as far as the state elections go, and I'm pretty sure Huntsman will win again by a landslide, he seems to be pretty popular (at least, I haven't heard anything negative!)

OH! And if you still aren't registered to vote, there is time! Go to Rockthevote.org and fill out a form, which you can then print and mail. SO EASY! NO EXCUSES for NOT voting!!!!

(I'm starting to think I should get a master's in poli-sci or econ or something!)

No comments: