My faith

I'm a Mormon.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Good Zucchini Bread Recipe

It seems like I am always looking for good recipes this time of year to use our abundance of zucchini! This is my favorite recipe for zucchini bread, moist and good texture.

3 eggs

1 cup oil

2 cups granulated sugar

1 Tbsp. vanilla

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. soda

1 Tbsp. cinnamon

¾ tsp. nutmeg

¼ tsp. baking powder

3 cups flour

2 cups shredded zucchini

Mix eggs, oil and sugar. Add vanilla. Mix in salt, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder. Add flour. Mix in zucchini. Grease and flour pans and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes (depending on size/number of pans; will want to watch closely towards end of time). Toothpick poked into center of loaves should come out clean when done. Cool in pan about 10 minutes.

Makes approximately 2 regular-sized loaves (or about 3 smaller loaves). Double batch makes about 1 regular and 6 small loaves.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I just picked a zucchini from my garden today. I can't wait to make this.

I love your site and am often inspired by your creations and ideas. I have awarded you Kreativ Blogger on my site for being one of my favorite reads. Check it out at http://www.5sillyfrogs.blogspot.com/